This Preschool is a non-profit ministry of Canton First United Methodist Church, established to meet the needs of the children of its congregation and the surrounding community. This ministry is dedicated to providing a balanced program that helps families raise children with strong Christian values, who also possess all the skills necessary to enter elementary school.
Our mission is to inspire children in their day-to-day learning through the ministry of Jesus Christ by helping them grow physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually.
To carry out this mission, the goals of our Preschool are to nurture and develop the following:
- An understanding of God’s love
- A positive self-image
- A respect for others and for self
- The ability to work and play happily with others in a group
- A natural curiosity about all things
- An understanding of self, home, school and community
- A respect for the rights, ideas and opinions of others
- Academic and creative potential through music, stories, art and play
With God’s guidance, parental support, and a dedication to the ministry of caring for children, Canton First United Methodist Church Preschool is committed to achieving these goals.